In the hand of the Revd Hugh Parry, who chaired the first-ever meeting of Tugby & Keythorpe Parish Council in 1894, is the formal record of the Acceptance of Office of the council's first members.
Last year, following the resignation of the entire council, five new councillors were elected to serve, and made a similar declaration. It was a new chapter in the long history of the parish.
It is interesting that the Revd Parry took the chair back in 1894, as he had done for the vestry meetings which preceded the creation of the parish council. He provided a sense continuity between the ecclesiastical and civil parishes.
The 'shaky' hand of Cllr William Laxton suggests that he may not have been fully literate and so had to copy his name.